Total Pageviews

Tuesday 15 September 2020

Stencil Backgrounds



I made the backgrounds on these next four cards using a 12 x 12 stencil. I used one sheet of 12 x 12 card and used my blending brushes and stamp pads to make the background. Then I cut the card into four.  It was so quick and easy!  I die cut the words and attached them to the cards using sponge tape.
   




Below is the stencil I used.  I think it was $8 from The Warehouse (NZ).  Next time I am there I will check to see if they have any different designs.  Stencils are great for making backgrounds and are so super quick and easy to use!
I used a torn piece of paper and covered the right hand side of this card (below) and then used four different colours of ink pads to brush the colour on to get a graduated look.  I like the look torn paper gives and you can use it many ways.  I took the shanks of the backs of the tiny Autumn buttons and then used a glue dot to adhere them to the card.  I stamped and gold embossed the sentiment.
On the card below I used a piece of water colour paper and lightly sprayed it with water.  Then I inked up a flower stamp and stamped it onto the paper.  I used two different colours and also stamped some tiny green leaves as well as stamping the centers of the flowers in a mustard colour.  When the paper was completely dry I stamped the words, a Suzanne Canon stamp I have.  I added some yellow sequins and adhered the card to a piece of green card, and then onto a folded black card.
Thanks for dropping by, have a SUNSHINE day!  {HUGS} from me to YOU:-)

 

1 comment:

  1. These are all wonderful, Sunshine! I love the idea of using a large stencil and then cutting it up for multiple backgrounds. But my absolute favorite is the "watercolor" flowers. It's gorgeous, and the sentiment is perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! I love to hear from you so please feel free to leave me a comment, or ask a question or two! Thank you, hugs from Sunshine, Bella-Rosa and Romeo-Valentino - my two "supervisors"!