Total Pageviews

Friday 4 October 2024

Sizzix Stamp and Spin Tool Test Drive!

 I've had this amazing tool for a few months, but have not really used it, until today. Lavinia Stamps now sell these. I purchased mine from Krafters Cart here in Auckland. The card I made this morning is a very basic getting-to-know the tool kind of card!  I made a couple of mistakes, which I prefer to call, lessons learnt! Firstly, don't remove your card from the tool until you have completely finished stamping. I did this and was not able to get the card back in the exact same spot. This meant the images I wanted to carry on stamping with would have stamped un-evenly around the wreath. I.E: the wreath would have been a wonky-donkey kind of wreath! Not what I wanted, lol! I removed my card before I had finished stamping because I wanted to colour the berries. As I said, big mistake/learning curve. The second whoopsie thing I did, was to not line up my card on the gird paper, with the dotted line on the Stamp and Spin. I had trouble even seeing it because the SAS is clear/see through. To remedy this, I added a small black dot on the bottom of the dotted line so it was easier to see next time I use it. I used a permanent black marker for the dot. Ok, so below is the card. I just need to stamp a Christmas sentiment to it, and then layer it.

In the photo below, I have put the  stamps I wanted to use, on to an A4 size Lavinia Stamps Acrylic board. This means I have all the stamps close at hand in advance, and I don't have to stop and look for each stamp as I need it. I find it much quicker to get cards made doing this. And I don't lose any stamps! 
Ok, thanks for dropping by! Have a SUNSHINE day! Remember to always be your authentic self, and shine bright each and every day!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there! I love to hear from you so please feel free to leave me a comment, or ask a question or two! Thank you, hugs from Sunshine, Bella-Rosa and Romeo-Valentino - my two "supervisors"!