Total Pageviews

Wednesday 9 October 2024

Home Again!

Back home again finally! Feeling very tired and weak with not much energy. My vision is blurry, also due o the drugs, but all that will clear in a week or so. I'm not able to create anything at the moment, but do have a couple of ideas for when I am feeling more like myself. I went into hospital on Saturday morning, but was miss-diagnosed and wasn't given the right medication, and was sent home late that afternoon. I 'knew' I wasn't well  enough to be sent home, but that's what happened. I was home for a couple of hours and became even more unwell and ended up back in hospital. This time I got the right Doctors who started me on the right medication and treatment. I was then admitted to a ward and had a lovely private room that had a nice view out over the garden, 2 stories down. I have deep gratitude for the nurses who cared for me, I cannot fault them. Being in isolation, I was confined to my room. Anything I needed, I had to call for a nurse. My nurse, Anna, was amazing, bringing me early morning (5 am) cups of tea, and making sure I was comfortable etc. I must tell you... this hospital has a resident cat! Her name is Daisy, and she is the sweetest girl ever! She has free range to the whole hospital, and is often seen asleep on someone's bed. She 'knows' when someone is about to give birth, and will go into their room and cuddle up to them until the baby arrives. I saw her when I was in the Emergency Department, but she was on a mission and  didn't stay with me. Patients and visitors are often surprised to see a cat roaming the hospital and in and around the wards. Everyone who works in the hospital knows Daisy. Sometime's she's found in the back of one of the Ambulances, as she knows they have treats for her! Daisy actually lives next to the hospital, but 'lives' at the hospital. Her owners know where she is and that she is very well cared for, well fed, and loved by so many people. She's at the hospital 24/7, and has people there who look out for her. She has her own face book page! Daisy The Hospital Cat! (Waitakere Hospital) She makes you feel good even when you really don't feel well, or very happy. She has that magic about her that makes you smile! Oops, I am rambling now. I just wanted to let you know I am home from hospital, I am ok, but still having some issues that will settle soon. While I was in hospital I found a video done by Eileen Godwin (yes, another one!) and I liked it so much, that I have ordered the stencil she used! I just love her art work and am so inspired by her. Ok, that's it! Thanks for dropping by! Have a SUNSHINE day! Always remember to be your authentic self, and shine bright each and every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there! I love to hear from you so please feel free to leave me a comment, or ask a question or two! Thank you, hugs from Sunshine, Bella-Rosa and Romeo-Valentino - my two "supervisors"!