Total Pageviews

Saturday 29 June 2024

Two New Cards!

I used an old Stampin' Up! stamp and die set to create the top card. If it looks buckled, that's because it is! It was leaning on my Doona and wasn't very well supported. Oopsie! It's quite a quick cad, pretty basic, and fun! I'm going to add some tiny stars, or some Posca pen splatters.
I made the card below using a 7x7 inch Clarity Stencil. I can't find a name on it, sorry. I used some low tack tape to mask off some of the open squares on it, leaving only the ones I wanted to colour, open. I used a pink, blue and yellow Versafine Clair ink pads, some of the new ones, to brush on some colour to each open square. I've just realized, I ought to have taken a photo of the stencil so you can see what I am talking about! Another oopsie!  I will take a photo o the stencil and add it to this post, later. For the Bees I used 2 Visible Image stamps, and the words are from another Visible Image stamp set.

I've had the stencil for awhile, and this is the fits time I have used it. I watched a video by Eileen Godwin in which she used this same stencil, and she showed how to mask off the open squares you don't want to colour. So I made this card after watching the video. I really like the style- simply and stylish. Well that's my not-so- humble opinion! Okay, so I have added the stencil I used for the card above. First pic shows how I masked the squares I didn't want to colour. As I said, I used low tack masking tape.
Below is the back side of the stencil, it shows what the stencil looks like before I masked some of the squares - sort of! What I mean is, you can seethe stencil better. I left the making tape on the stencil, then placed a piece of grease proof lunch wrap behind where the making tape is so the tape doesn't stick to anything but the grease proof paper. The making tape comes off the GPP paper easily without tearing. When I want to use the stencil again, I can move the tape to cover the squares I want to mask. Gee, I hope I have explained all this ok?! So basically, in the photo below, the black squares were the ones that were coloured on the Bee card above.

I went out this morning and when I came home, I noticed a neighbour cutting big branches off my Camelia tree. I don;t mind him cutting what's on HIS side of the fence, but these big branches had been cut about two feet into my property. He saw me watching him, and quickly disappeared. I was furious. This is the fourth time various neighbours (I have 6 neighbours) have cute trees down on my property without permission. Last time was in May this year, and one of the trees on MY side of the fence, on MY property had been cut off down at ground level. Originally that tree was about 30 feet high. Another time, some years ago, a neighbour actually cut my trees on MY property down to about 10 feet tall. They were twice the height before she cut them. It was done when I was out one day. There was a court case over it because I put in a complaint with the local Police. He came and checked and said it had more than likely been a certain neighbour, because it was highly unlikely that a stranger had walked in with a chainsaw, and walked down the back of my property and chopped them down. He went to speak to this certain neighbour, whose wife admitted she had done it because the trees made too much shaded on their deck. Their house wasn't even there when I planted the tree's, it was built some years later, after the tree's were well established. So because she (the wife) had admitted she had done it, there was going to be a prima facie court case. Prima facie means because the wife had admitted to cutting the trees, I di not have to appear in court. However, the court case was a few months away, and in the meantime, the neighbours threatened to kill me if I went ahead with the court case.
So, because I knew what these neighbours were capable of (long story) I cancelled the court case, so thy got away with it. It didn't end there, I had no end of trouble with those neighbours. I spent over $100 and planted another ten trees down the side of my fence. At that time, I had a vege garden down there ad every time I was in the garden, those neighbours would stand there staring at me until I went back inside. I thought if I plant the trees there it would stop them from staring at me. So the ten new trees I planted were about 8 feet tall when I planted them.
I got up one morning after the trees had been there about 6 weeks, and noticed a weird brown ring in the grass around the trees. On closer inspection, I discovered they had been poisoned! You guessed it, those neighbour's had poured chemicals around an on the tree's, and within a short time, the tree's died. Thankfully those neighbour's moved out several years ago. Myself and 3 other neighour's all celebrated the day they left! So yeah,I was not happy when I got home today to discover my Camelia tree being cut. Anyway, I hope you enjoy my cards for today! It's freezing here today so I have just put the heat pump on to warm up, then I am going to make a card! Thanks to those who read  all of this! Thanks for dropping by, have a SUNSHINE day! Remember to always be your authentic self and shine bright each and every day!

 

1 comment:

  1. Lovely cards, Sunshine! I love that stencil and how you used it; I'll have to keep a look out for something similar. I'm sorry the branches on your Camelia tree were cut -- I hope it doesn't go any further than that. Neighbors can be frustrating. -Andrea

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! I love to hear from you so please feel free to leave me a comment, or ask a question or two! Thank you, hugs from Sunshine, Bella-Rosa and Romeo-Valentino - my two "supervisors"!