Total Pageviews

Sunday 30 June 2024

I made Some Miniature Clip Boards and a Card!

I made these miniature clip boards from some Formica samples. The smaller one measures about 2  1/2 inches by just over 1 1/2 inches. I got them from a place called West Auckland Resource Center, which is close by.  It's a place where you can either drop off surplus items you would otherwise throw away, as long as they are good quality. You can also go there and purchase a banana box full of whatever you like for $10. Our banana boxes are quite large and you can get A LOT of stuff in them! Or if you only want a few things, half a banana box, you pay $5. They have all  kinds of things, from paper and cardstock, to material and out date and unsold calendars (which I make envelopes with), to everything in between. Obviously stock changes every week, so if you see something you want, you get it because it may not be there when you come back again. So I grabbed a pile of these Formica samples and made these miniature Clip Boards! You can see the size in the photo below. There were two sizes so I just grabbed a handful of each size. I also donated some old art stuff I no longer use. The WARC was started because one of the staff lived by a local tip, and was horrified at seeing how much good quality products were being thrown out by various companies. She was a teacher at a local Pay Center and thought what a waste it was, when most of the products could be used by crafters. The volunteers that work at the WARC get a small grant to help cover costs such as their time, plus power etc, but otherwise it runs on donations of people like me who go there and buy stuff. The more people that go and buy from there, the better. Anyway, I have been there twice and some of the things I got in my banana box were, blank paper, formica samples, calendars, material, mini note pads (from a Real Estate place), ceramic tiles (that I have stamped on which I will show you in another post) envelopes, pieces of lace, bottles of brand new white art glue, glass tiles (I am going to get a glass pen to write positive words on) band new scissors...the list goes on. As I said, here is a ton of stuff there and you need to look carefully or you might miss something good! Oh and I also found a couple of 4 x4 inch 'things' that have some kind of thick fuzzy material on top, that I can clean my stamps on! I have no idea what they are for, but I clean and dry my stamps on them! So you really do need to take your time ad rummage to see what you can find. And to think, before the Resource Center was around, all of these things would end up in the tip. What an incredible waste, and how selfish not to re-distribute it to places like this Center for people who can use the stuff. Businesses need to stop throwing out good quality stuff, and offer it to others. Ok I'll get off my hobby horse now and get on with my post!
Ir made another cad this morning, using the same Abstract Squares Clarity Stencil that I used on my other post yesterday, in the post before this. For this card, below I used a Chocolate Baroque stamp, "Winter Dawn". Because the background is coloured, the only parts I coloured on the stamp, are her lips, and the little balls have clear sparkly gel pen on them. Of course, you cannot see that on this photo! The card measures 6x6 inches square. I matted it on to some black cardstock. I'm enjoying this style of card at the moment.
Thanks for dropping by! Have a SUNSHINE day! Remember to always be your authentic self and shine bright each and every day!
 

1 comment:

  1. I love those little clipboards, Sunshine! What a great idea -- they would be perfect to have in a purse or to use as scorepads for card games. The WARC sounds cool. We have a store similar to that near me, too. I also love your card. The two-toned squares behind the stamped image look so cool; I'll have to try that technique some time. -Andrea

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! I love to hear from you so please feel free to leave me a comment, or ask a question or two! Thank you, hugs from Sunshine, Bella-Rosa and Romeo-Valentino - my two "supervisors"!