Total Pageviews

Thursday 26 May 2022

Lavinia Stamps Cards Plus More!

The card above uses an LS stamp and a Suzanne Cannon sentiment.  The stars were done with a stencil.
The card below was made using Poppy Stamps stamps.
The bunny card below was made using a couple of cheap dies from AliExpress.

Above is another card I made using Poppy Stamps stamps, and a Tim Holtz stencil.
The card below is another card.
And yet another LS card below!  The red and silver on the berries is sparkly gel pen.
And the very last card for today is also another LS card.  I used my scor-pal to score the background vertical lines, to make it look like a wooden fence.  I swiped a stamp pad down the card to give it more of a fence look.

 To be honest, in spite of making cards being my passion, I am suffering from depression right now.  I get it every Winter and it's called "SADS".  Seasonal Affective Disorder.  It's because it's so cold and it gets dark so early.  For me, it starts in mid Autumn and will last until Spring when we go back on Daylight Saving.  I find I get fatigued very quickly during Winter, and I lose interest in things I enjoy doing. This is why I am struggling to make cards right now, in spite of having some awesome new products to play with!  I just don't have the interest or the energy to make anything, and when I do, it doesn't always come out right.  I really need to see my Doctor about it.  I have seen him before about this, and he put me on Vitamin D. Sadly it didn't work for me, so I think I need something stronger.  I actually take Vitamin D every day for one health, but it doesn't work on SADS.  ON top of that I have very poor blood circulation, so I REALLY feel the cold, which makes things worse.  So that's just an update on what's happening for me right now!
Thank you for dropping by, have a SUNSHINE day!  Remember to always be your authentic self, and shine bright each and every day!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful work, Sunshine! The mice dancing in front of the "fence" is so clever! I definitely understand not wanting to create, even when you have new "toys" to play with -- especially during the cold, dreary weather of winter. And that's OK! Although I still love to make cards, I've been finding lately that trying something else, like making little collages, has been been helpful for me.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! I love to hear from you so please feel free to leave me a comment, or ask a question or two! Thank you, hugs from Sunshine, Bella-Rosa and Romeo-Valentino - my two "supervisors"!