Total Pageviews

Wednesday 21 July 2021

I Scammed A Scammer!

There I was minding my own business when the phone rang.  I answered it and I hear a male (Indian) voice ask if this was Mrs. so and so.  "No," says me, "she doesn't live here." Male Indian voice carries on and says that XYZ phone company (who I am not with) has been trying to get hold of me for the last week, and they are going to disconnect my internet. (Yawn, I've heard it all before...)  Male Indian voice then says to me could I check the lights on my modem...so I 'pretend' to do this.  Then he asks me to check some other things, so once again I make some fake background noises (tapping a pen on the table to replicate me pressing laptop keys...I am not stupid!)  Male Indian voice asks how many people use this internet line...I tell him "oh about 5 or six.." and he asks me to type in something...more fake pen tapping...then male Indian voice asks me what can I see on the laptop.

To his utter shock I tell him I can see HIM, and ALL the other male Indians talking to others in the background, on my screen.  I went on to describe what I could see (fake again) and then male Indian voice finally says, "Ma'am, you are a "beeping beep" and he hung up.  How rude, I was just getting the hang of things.   Oh well, at least he had the decency to call me Ma'am"! All this time I was  in another room and couldn't even SEE my laptop!  So yeah...I scammed a scammer...maybe I have a bit of "Snarky Cat" in me...?

Thanks for dropping by ..again, have a SUNSHINE day!  Remember to always be your authentic self and shine bright each and every day!

 

1 comment:

  1. Ha ha! We keep getting calls about our car warranty and I keep telling them that I blew the car up, but they still call.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! I love to hear from you so please feel free to leave me a comment, or ask a question or two! Thank you, hugs from Sunshine, Bella-Rosa and Romeo-Valentino - my two "supervisors"!