Total Pageviews

Sunday 4 July 2021

Have I Been Scammed?? YES I have!!

UPDATE # 2:  So it appears that I have been scammed by Aimee Hall. Nothing has arrived from her. In spite of asking her many times to give me the tracking number and to tell me when the stamps were posted, she has ignored me.  The last message I got from her was that the stamps had been sent to me.

So now I have put her photo and name and bank details on the Scammer Check NZ Face Book page warning others of her scamming.  It's all fully legal.  While it's disappointing and I have lost my $50, I am not letting it ruin my day.  Her behaviour is not MY problem.  I am not accountable for someone else's behaviour.  This is all about HER, not me. So I AM still looking for the stamp set below.

Disregard this update here... UPDATE:  I just got a message from her saying, "All sent hun..."  I hope she's telling me the truth...  if the stamp set arrives I will delete this entire post.

I have been looking to buy this stamp set, and had advertised for it on Face Book Market Place.  This lady, below, supposedly Aimee Hall from Christchurch, replied that she had a set of the stamps that she would sell me for a $50 including tracked postage.  She gave me her bank account number and I did the deposit.  We are both with the same bank, so the deposit showed up in her account right away.  (This was last Tuesday 29th June)
She thanked me for the prompt payment.  Two days later I messaged her and asked for the tracking number and asked could she let me know when she had posted it.
So far she has not replied to my messages.  I have now sent two messages to her and sadly, she is not replying.
I don't know what is going on and feel like I may have been scammed.  I have reported her to Face Book and am waiting to hear from them.  It's really not polite to ignore someone when they message you.
I am keeping my fingers crossed that the stamps do arrive.
She is in the South Island and I am in the North Island and I know postage is slow between the two Islands, but she needs to reply to my messages.
I am trying to hold on to the belief that she has sent them, but I really don't know.
I can check with my bank tomorrow and tell them the story, but I don't know that there is much they can do once the payment from me has gone through.
Feeling disappointed, but hoping for the best.
Thanks for dropping by, have a SUNSHINE day!  Remember to always be your authentic self, and shine bright each and every day!

1 comment:

  1. Oh dear! That's a pity someone did that to you. I hope you do find the set legitimately.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! I love to hear from you so please feel free to leave me a comment, or ask a question or two! Thank you, hugs from Sunshine, Bella-Rosa and Romeo-Valentino - my two "supervisors"!