Total Pageviews

Sunday 6 October 2019

If I Had A Star...

The words on the card below, are a stamp I got recently from Quietfire Designs. They have some lovely stamps, dies etc.
 To make the background I spritzed a sheet of white card with water, then using a brush (see last photo) I dropped a couple of drop of a Stampin' Up! re-inker in Turquoise onto the brush and then just carefully swooshed it across the white card. These brushes are super soft and blend the inks well. I also used some SU Lilac re-inker drops to blend in a bit of colour.  Once the card was dry, I added some drops of SU Shimmer paint (Frost) over the card.  These took longer to dry, I had to leave the card over night until it was dry.
 I die cut a circle of the water coloured card and stamped the words on using a Versafine black stamp pad.  I cut another circle out of thicker card and stuck the two together.  I adhered it to the card using some sponge tape to give it some dimension.  The hand was part of a stamp I had and had used it once. The stamp originally had two hands on it.  I decided to take the stamp off the wooden block and cut off the stamp I wanted to use.  I used my Tim Holtz Stamp Platform to stamp the hand.
After colouring the hand using my Copics, I carefully glued it to the card, and then began arranging the stars.  I adhered the water coloured card to a piece of dark blue card, then finally on to a folded white card. Below are the set of brushes I used to swoosh the re-inkers across the white card.  These are absurdly expensive here, in the craft stores, so I bought mine (a set of ten) from AliExpress for around $15 NZD.  FREE postage!!  I refuse to pay the asking price in craft stores, it's daylight robbery and totally disgusting to be ripping people off like that.  A few months back I did purchase ONE of these makeup brushes (a larger one) from a retail shop here, it was in the makeup department and cost me twice what ten brushes cost me!  I use it to apply my foundation - when I can be bothered wearing it! In all honesty, it does make applying your foundation super quick and it gives good coverage.  Just saying!
Ok, so that's it for today, so far!  Thank you for dropping by!  Have a SUNSHINE day!  {HUGS}from me to YOU:-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there! I love to hear from you so please feel free to leave me a comment, or ask a question or two! Thank you, hugs from Sunshine, Bella-Rosa and Romeo-Valentino - my two "supervisors"!