Total Pageviews

Tuesday 15 October 2019

Embossing On...

Toilet paper!!!  I folded over about 5-6 layers of TP the length of my chosen embossing folder.  I then lightly spritzed it with water on both sides.  Then I carefully added tiny drops of different coloured inks, and then run it through my Big Shot machine.  Wow!  I got some great results!  Just remember the ink/spritzed water will possibly run from the open end of your embossing folder when you emboss it, so don;t over spritz it, and have some cloths ready to clean it up!  Yes it's very messy and yes I had loads of fun!  

 If you want to cut the paper once it is dry, you need to use either scissors or tear it by hand.  It wouldn't cut using my paper cutter.  It feels like hand made paper when it is dry, which I suppose it is in a way!
If you want shapes, such as circles, stars or whatever, die cut them before you spritz the paper.  I have yet to make cards with these, but that's on my to do list!
 Another hint, don't use too much ink/spritzed water because, like below, the colours run and you end up with a mud colour:-(
 So that's what I did today!  Suddenly toilet paper has taken on a new purpose!!  Another thing you can do is throw some fine glitter on the wet paper before you emboss it.  Once it is embossed and has dried completely, give it a light spray with some cheap hairspray and this will ensure the glitter stays on.
Ok that's me for today, I have two hungry cats telling me it it their dinner time!  Gotta go!  Thanks for dropping by, have a SUNSHINE day!  {HUGS} from me to YOU:-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there! I love to hear from you so please feel free to leave me a comment, or ask a question or two! Thank you, hugs from Sunshine, Bella-Rosa and Romeo-Valentino - my two "supervisors"!