Total Pageviews

Wednesday 23 January 2019

She Did This To Me and Almost Got Away With It.



I was re-interviewed by the Police yesterday, about the accident I was in on Boxing Day last year.  The Police came here to me and the interview lasted about 1 3/4 hours.  As well as re-counting the accident, where it happened, what time, who was involved etc etc, the Police took a Victims Impact Statement from me. The outcome is, the lady who hit me and run me over WILL be charged after all! As far as I know is being charged with careless use of a mobility scooter and injuring someone.  She will have to pay my medical bills.  As far as being compensated to for the trauma and disruption to my life goes, I have to wait and see.  There were a couple of 'mistakes' made by the Police in the beginning.  The first one is, the Police Officer in attendance of the accident, did not write a report about it, which he should have done. So there was no record of the accident. So basically that means, the Police knew nothing of the accident when I was interviewed the first time which was three days after the accident.  The second 'mistake' was, my statement was not immediately forwarded to the right person within the Police Department.  It sat in the computer but went nowhere.   So, still, no-one in the Police Department knew of the accident. Just as well I did not give up. 
It was, with the help of Victim  Support that got things moving again.  I knew the name of the Police who had interviewed me the first time, but not his surname, so the lady from Victim Support (Thank you Tracey Williams!) had a bit of a job tracking him down.  But she did!  It was after this the Police told me there was nothing they could charge LB (the lady who hit me) with.  The Police then asked if I wold send them copies of the photos I had taken of my injuries.  I did this and less than a week later I was re-interviewed and told she (LB) WILL be charged!  WOOHOO!  Justice, was a sweet word!  
It's taken a toll on me, with already having M.E. it has just drained me of energy and left me feeling flat.  I feel like I need to sleep for a week!  I will know more early net week.  The Police are going to see the lady who run me over on Sunday to give her a summons to go to court an to tell her she is being charged.  From there they will contact me to let me know what is happening.
For the last four days, I have been having issues with my feet.  I have bruised ankles from the accident, and now I have pain in my whole foot.  Both feet.   I really need to go back and see my GP and find out what is going on.  The Emergency Clinic I was taken to the day of the accident did not do any x-rays, I think they should have.  Now I will have to pay to have x-rays done.  Another expense I don't need:-(  A waste of good money that could be spent on CRAFT things!  Do you ever wish you could turn back time?!  I do!
Ok, I have to go and have breakfast now!  Thank you for your patience and understanding that I need to get this off my chest so I can move forward with my life:-)
Have a SUNSHINE day!  {HUGS} from me to YOU:-)

1 comment:

  1. I so glad that Victim Support helped you out and so sorry that you have to go through all this.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! I love to hear from you so please feel free to leave me a comment, or ask a question or two! Thank you, hugs from Sunshine, Bella-Rosa and Romeo-Valentino - my two "supervisors"!