Total Pageviews

Tuesday 20 December 2022

Christmas With Mr. Squirrel!

 

All the stamps I used on this card are from Lavinia Stamps.  I used a stencil brush to make the pink/lilac background, brushing the ink in a circular motion.  I then stamped the Pinecone stamp three times to make the circle. I added the small oak leaf stamp to fill in the white spaces around the circle. Then I inked up Mr. Squirrel with Lavinia ink in Henna color and stamped him to the bottom left of the card.  I also stamped a few acorns for Mr. Squirrel, whom I have decided to call "Nutmeg", because for some reason he didn't  have a name!  I added some snow using my Stampendous Chunky White Deep Impression Embossing Enamel.  I love using this stuff, it's so much fun and gives a lovely snowy effect on my cards! The last think I put on the card was some Berry Red Nuvo Crystal Drops.  Because it was so hot and humid that day, as the drops dried they run together making them into a blob! I mostly used scraps to make this card as I had several card bits sitting on my desk so decided to use them up. I thought about lightly colouring the Pinecones, but decided that by leaving them as they are, it makes them look as if they have some snow on them. Ok, thanks for dropping by, have a SUNSHINE day!  Remember to always be your authentic self and shine bright each and every day! 

1 comment:

  1. Another lovely card, Sunshine! And Nutmeg is the perfect name for the squirrel! -Andrea

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! I love to hear from you so please feel free to leave me a comment, or ask a question or two! Thank you, hugs from Sunshine, Bella-Rosa and Romeo-Valentino - my two "supervisors"!