Total Pageviews

Sunday 10 April 2022

Sunday's Sesame Snaps and A Quick Stamping Tip!

 Below are the Sesame Snaps I made today.  Really yummy and so quick!  You need 1 cup of Sesame Seeds an half a up of Maple syrup.
Put the Sesame Seeds into a frying pan and toast them, keep stirring or they will burn.  This takes around five minutes.  Then pour in half a cup of maple syrup and keep stirring constantly until the mixture starts to thicken.  After the mixture thickens, about 5 minutes or so, pour into a flat dish lined with baking paper.  I grease the baking paper as this helps to stop the mixture sticking to the baking paper. With a wet spatula flatten out the mixture until it is fairly thin.  While the mixture is still hot, slice it into squares with a wet knife.  The wet spatula and knife stop the mixture sticking to them.  It takes around 12 minutes from start to stop and tastes delicious!  Leave to harden for about ten minutes. While the mixture is warm it will be chewy.  Once it hardens it will still be chewy as well as crunchy. So that's the photo of it below!  Have fun!
                                                     

The photos below show how to make clouds for your cards.  I used a piece of ripped paper towel and a Distress Oxide stamp pad in the colour "Stormy Sky" for the first colour.  I used a soft brush to carefully brush the ink onto the card, making sure I started on the paper towel and brushed away from me. I kept moving the paper towel and only brushed small areas of the card at a time.  Once I had finished with that colour, I did the exact same technique using another Distress Oxide stamp pad in a darker blue, "Faded Jeans".  For a stormy sky you could use pinks and purples.



It was a challenge to get decent photos of this because if there was too much light everything looked faded.  Not enough light and it was too dark.  I did my best and this is what I got!
Ok. thanks for dropping by, have a SUNSHINE day!
Remember to always be your authentic self, and shine bright each and every day!

1 comment:

  1. That really looks like a yummy treat. And thanks for the cloud tip. Good to know.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! I love to hear from you so please feel free to leave me a comment, or ask a question or two! Thank you, hugs from Sunshine, Bella-Rosa and Romeo-Valentino - my two "supervisors"!