Total Pageviews

Friday 22 April 2022

Lavinia Stamps, "Simmi".

After watching a Lavinia Stamps video and learning how and why "Simmi" was designed, I understood how to stamp/decorate the stamp.  Below is my version of "Simmi".  I used some Nuvo Crystal Drops which give a raised impression.  The blue back ground was done using some Catherine Pooler stamp pads and inks.  I added some water droplets because these ink pads are water reactive and the water droplets give a nice effect. I used water colour pencils for colouring the eye.  To me, this is the sort of card you want and need to touch because of the raised effect of the Nuvo Drops.

Below is a tiny card I made this morning.  I used small size Lavinia Stamps for this card.  The whole card measures about 2 1/2 inches by 3 1/4 inches.  I stamped on 80lb Neenah Solar White card stock, and mounted it on some Crushed Curry SU card stock.  What you can't see on this card is the sparkly clear gel pen I used on some of the stamped images.  You also cannot see the yellow chalk pencil background I did. Darn that flash on my camera!  I really enjoyed making this smaller card, and there's quite a lot going on in it.  I think I will stamp more mini cards!  Inside the card I wrote, "Two people
                                         one table
                                         two cups
                                   friendship".   Something I wrote awhile ago.  Inside the gift that went with this card, was a bar of scented soap, and the wrapping had a beautiful picture of two 1950's style ladies sitting at a table drinking cups of tea.  The recipient and I have, over the years, sat down together and consumed copious cups of tea and solved many world wide issues! (Maybe we should work out this issue with Russia attacking Ukraine). She will totally understand the words I wrote, and why I sent the bar of soap.  I bought the same soap for myself as well.  While it has a perfume, it isn't over powering, its very subtle and to me, smells like a pretty, lightly perfumed garden.  (I am a dreamer, and a hopeless romantic!)

Thanks for dropping by, have a SUNSHINE day!  Remember to always be your authentic self and shine bright each and every day!

1 comment:

  1. You are always so thoughtful. I bet the recipient loved her card and the gift.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! I love to hear from you so please feel free to leave me a comment, or ask a question or two! Thank you, hugs from Sunshine, Bella-Rosa and Romeo-Valentino - my two "supervisors"!