Total Pageviews

Monday 25 April 2022

Lavinia Stamps: Mimsy and Mooch, Plus!

 

The card above is about 5 1/2 by 7 1/2 inches.  There's a lot of stamping on there and it took me the best part of two days to finish it.  It also has lot's of sparkly stuff on it which can't be seen on here:-(  I made the lavender coloured background using my gel press.  I used my brayer to put some lavender coloured Distress Oxide ink on the gel press, then I lay the card on top of the gel press and run my hands over it get the ink onto the card. I then lightly sprayed the card with water to give the background a kind of bubbly/snowy effect. I stamped the mages once the card was dry.
The card below is another Lavinia Stamps card, using the feather stamp as a Christmas Tree.  I added some random drops of Nuvo Crystal Drops to the tree to give it some colour.  "Pippin" sits next to the tree, looking up at the star!  I'm not sure if you can see but I have also sponges some pale coloured circles over the card.  A nice quick and easy Christmas card which could easily be made in batches.
Below is "Mooch", another LS. I used an LS stencil around the image using Distress Oxide inks.

My last card is "Mimsy", done in the same technique as the card above.  Both cards are clean and simple.  The stenciling is a bit pale on these photos, as they are in reality.

Happy ANZAC Day to all my NZ and Australian readers!  I hope you have had a great day!
Thanks for dropping by, have a SUNSHINE day!
Remember to always be your authentic self and shine bright each and every day!

1 comment:

  1. That first card is just gorgeous. All those wonderful methods and techniques make it quite a work of art. I love that feather tree too. Great idea to combine the stencil with the cats. Loved seeing all of these!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! I love to hear from you so please feel free to leave me a comment, or ask a question or two! Thank you, hugs from Sunshine, Bella-Rosa and Romeo-Valentino - my two "supervisors"!