Total Pageviews

Thursday 23 December 2021

More Christmas Bits!

 

OMG!  I am still making Christmas cards!  These three are all made using the SU Merriest Moments stamp/die and cut and emboss folder.  I love this set and am having a blast making cards with it!  These will be part of next years Christmas cards. A friend came and bought one today, and YES I forgot to photograph it!  Oh well, I will make another one!
This card below, is my favourite one I have made so far.  I just love the colours!  (My colours) I sponged some white ink on the embossed and die cut flower frame, and it has made the lilac card look softer.  I like it. There is also some glitter all over it which is hard to see on here.
Below is another white on white card.  Very pain and simple.


Ok, this piece of plastic pipe has a story behind it.  Let me begin...I was standing at the bus stop waiting for the bus.  I could see the bus in the distance.  Down the hill behind me I could hear a car with a very noisy trailer and things were bouncing and crashing around.  As the trailer got close I turned around to see a large cardboard box and some plastic bits come flying off the trailer, heading straight for me.  The bus was still off in the distance.  I quickly jumped out of the way as this plastic pipe whizzed past me missing my legs by a cats whisker, and into the bus shelter.  There were boxes and bits all over the road, so I quickly picked them up so the bus didn't run them over and get a  flat tire.
The bus arrived and I go on and went shopping.
When I  got home, I noticed the box and the plastic bathroom fittings were all still in the bus shelter.  I bought them home.  (Of course I did, I'm a Magpie!)
So the piece of pipe, which is very solid - just as well it didn't hit my leg when it came flying off the trailer because it would have broken my leg or foot or both, sat in the carport until today. 
So I decided it was going become a "Santa"!

And here he is!  He is about 12 1/2inches in height and about 6 inches across.  His beard and hair are made from a mop  head I bought from the Op Shop for .50c, (brand new) and I deconstructed it.  I cut a piece of red felt for his hat and coat and hot glued it all together.  I stuffed his hat with some polyester fill, and made him some feet from a piece of stiff black felt.  A red pom-pom for his nose, and a grey belt around his waist, two wobbly eyes, polyester fill around his hat, 2 bells on his hat,   and he was done!  Below is the back view of him.
Here he is sitting with some of my other Christmas decorations.  So that's the story of the pipe that fell off the trailer and almost hit me!  I was not amused at the time, as the driver of the car/trailer didn't stop and had no idea he'd lost half his load.  His loss, my gain!
Above is a photo of Santa and some other Christmas bits.  The tree has lights at night.
Ok, that's me for today, one more day until Santa slides down my chimney...
Thanks for dropping by!  Have a SUNSHINEA day!  Remember to always be your authentic self, and shine bright each and every day!

1 comment:

  1. Oh dear! I remember the last time something (er, someone) ran into you and hurt you. Good to see that you were flight of foot enough to dodge that mess. And I like what you did with the pipe as well as the beautiful cards.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! I love to hear from you so please feel free to leave me a comment, or ask a question or two! Thank you, hugs from Sunshine, Bella-Rosa and Romeo-Valentino - my two "supervisors"!