Total Pageviews

Tuesday 14 December 2021

Last Minute Christmas Cards and Gifts!

 I had a very busy day yesterday.  In the morning I put my Christmas cake in the oven to cook.  It's a big cake and takes four hours on a low heat to cook.  While that was cooking I prepared a Moroccan Beef Curry with rice and vegetables into my slow cooker and put that on to cook.  Then my new chair I had purchased arrived and needed assembling.  It was HEAVY and being tiny it was a challenge to get it together, but I managed with a little help (NOT!) from Romeo!  He was very interested in it and needed no invitation to try it out.  He jumped on it as soon as I threw the cushions on it!  (In a cats eye, all things belong to cats!) In between all the cooking and chair assembling I did manage to make some cards and gifts for Christmas!



Both the cards, above and below, were made using SU stamp/die set called Christmas Season.  I am having a lot of fun with this set and there are a gazillion ways to use it!  It could easily be used to make any kind of card, not just Christmas ones.
I made these little treat bags using an SU Mini Treat Bag die set.  Quick and oh-so-easy to make using dsp or any kind on fancy paper.  I ought some bags of mini candy canes and I put four canes into cellophane bags and then put them into the bags.  The flower on the bag below is made of some shiny silver card.  The die/embossing folder is from Tim Holtz.  The DSP is from SU and feels kind of fuzzy - I like it!



I made several of these bags and filled them with candy canes.  I bought them thinking they were the taller candy canes.  I had a project in mind for them, but when I saw they were tiny I had to change plans.  I had the treat bags on my desk so decided to use those to make some gifts.
I have given some to couriers when they drop off things, just to say thank you for delivering my things.  Some I will sell and others will be added to Christmas gifts.
Thanks for dropping by, have a SUNSHINE day!  Remember to always be your authentic self and shine bright each and every day!

1 comment:

  1. What a nice idea to have on hand for the delivery people. I should have done that, there have been a lot of boxes getting delivered here.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! I love to hear from you so please feel free to leave me a comment, or ask a question or two! Thank you, hugs from Sunshine, Bella-Rosa and Romeo-Valentino - my two "supervisors"!