Total Pageviews

Sunday 4 October 2020

Snowflakes and Itty Bitty Babies!

Here is the card I made today.  I brushed a circle.  After punching out some vellum snowflakes, I adhered them to the card, in a circle.  I die cut the word "Sparkle" in shiny gold card and attached it across the circle of snowflakes.  I die cut 3 small white flower shapes and attached them randomly to the card.  I finally added some white sequins (they look kind of pink here!) and some clear glass droplets.  I attached the finished white card to a piece of shiny gold card, and attached that to a piece of pale blue card.
Below is the sentiment I stamped inside the card.  I attached the white card with the sentiment onto a piece of shiny gold card, and finally attached that tot he inside of the card.  The sentiment stamp is from Suzanne Cannon.  Her stamps and dies are available from Emerald Creek.  This card really sparkles in the light, and I am very happy with how it turned out.  I wasn't sure if I liked it when I started it, but I kept going and as it progressed I could see it beginning to "bloom"!
A tip about die cutting with intricate dies and vellum. When I first die cut the snowflakes, they stuck inside the die and ripped when I tried to get them out.  I ended up 'colouring' the die with a white crayon, and then die cutting the vellum.  It was then much easier to get the velum snowflake out of the die without ripping it.  A candle will do if you don't have a white crayon. It just waxes the die so the vellum releases easily.
Below is a photo of a new plant I have growing.  It's called, "Cat's Paw!"  
This photo below, is "Puddle-duck Boy", and HE is a SHE.  But I gave her the name before I knew if he was a she or a he!  She lost her mum some weeks ago when she was very tiny.  She hung around my place and I kept feeding her (cat food and other scraps suitable for a duck) and she has never left!  She has been here for weeks.  She knows my voice and greets me in the morning.  She is a very happy duck and loves to splash around in her "pool"!
And half an hour ago I found these below, on my front lawn!  Nine baby ducks and their mother!  Wild ducks have always come visiting, I have a large back yard and they know it is a safe place to visit!  (Or stay, as "Puddle-duck Boy" has!)  Maybe I should charge them rent?!

Thanks for dropping by, have a SUNSHINE  day! {HUGS} from me to YOU:-)

 

1 comment:

  1. Love the sequins - great touch. Lucky you to have such friendly and cute visitors!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! I love to hear from you so please feel free to leave me a comment, or ask a question or two! Thank you, hugs from Sunshine, Bella-Rosa and Romeo-Valentino - my two "supervisors"!