Total Pageviews

Sunday 18 October 2020

Just Another Saturday Night...Whoops, Crash!

This is what happens when you drive under the influence of drugs.  This happened right outside my place, around 9.20 pm last night.  Luckily no-one was hurt.  I took the first four photos when it happened last night.  The other six I took early this morning.  

The driver of the white van on the right of the photo's came down Atkinson Road (it's a very steep hill), swerving all over the road, and crossed the center line and smashed into my neighbours two (legally) parked car and van.  

I spoke with 2 people who  had followed the white van down the hill, and they said he was swerving all over the road and had driven across a traffic island at the top of this road.  The driver of the white van smelt of Marijuana and could barely walk or stand.
The driver that crashed was taken away by the Police. This happened across the road from where I live.

They managed to push the white van off the footpath so it was parked on the road, but facing the wrong way. When the crash happened I was watching some movie on TV.  I heard the van revving like anything as he came down the hill, and then "CRASH".  I grabbed my dressing gown, put my shoes on and off I went with my camera.  

This is a great example of why Marijuana should not be legalized in NZ.  Do we need/want shops legally selling it??  Not in my mind we don't.  People will use it whether or not it is legal, but we don't need shops selling it. 
Thank heavens this happened at a reasonably quiet time of night.  

I made this Elephant pyramid box the other day.  No sooner was it made and a friend called by and bought it for her niece!  I left the box open so she could put a little gift inside.  I'm still feeling tired after being in hospital, but I am dabbling with my craft stuff!
Thanks for dropping by, have a SUNSHINE day!  {HUGS} from me to YOU:-)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there! I love to hear from you so please feel free to leave me a comment, or ask a question or two! Thank you, hugs from Sunshine, Bella-Rosa and Romeo-Valentino - my two "supervisors"!