Total Pageviews

Sunday 22 September 2019

"Owl Be Seeing You!"

.
I started making these bookmarks yesterday afternoon.  I finished them today!
First of all I die cut the actual bookmark in various colours. 
Then I punched out all the scallop circles.  Each bookmark has two scallop circles held together using sponge tape to give it some   .
Then I punched out all the owls in various colours.  I didn't overthink what colours to use because I get too obsessed with matching the colours, and it takes "time!"  I mostly used scrap card.
Next I punched out the dresses for each owl using scrap paper. 
I punched put the leaves using my SU Bird punch.  Next came the tiny heart on each Owl.  That is from the Owl punch. 
I did the bookmarks in batches because I find it easier to do a batch of cards etc rather than one at a time.  Especially when I am making lots of the same thing.
I stamped a small sentiment on the lower part of each bookmark using my Tim Holtz stamp platform.  Oh boy, the platform makes my life a whole lot easier and makes ME a whole lot happier than if I had to stamp each sentiment and hoping I got it straight and inked well the first time!!  I don't know how I managed before I had the platform!  The amount of times I stamped something and it wasn't inked enough...and of course, trying to re-stamp it by hand did not work at all!  So thank you Tim Holtz, you made my (crafting) life so much easier!
I was going to stamp a Christmas sentiment on some of these but found this one instead, and it fits perfectly and is suitable for all occasions! (I hope!)
 Below are all the (25) bookmarks packed into cellophane bags, ready to be sold, and added to peoples Christmas cards!
My hands are very sore, mostly my thumbs, but it was so worth it!  I 'heart' to stamp/craft!!
Have an awesome weekend and thanks for dropping by! have a SUNSHINE day! {HUGS} from me to YOU:-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there! I love to hear from you so please feel free to leave me a comment, or ask a question or two! Thank you, hugs from Sunshine, Bella-Rosa and Romeo-Valentino - my two "supervisors"!