Total Pageviews

Tuesday 17 September 2019

Out Of Control Trailer = Crash!

Around 4.34 pm yesterday I was sitting at the table when I heard this loud bang bang bang from outside.  As I jumped up from my chair and looked out the window, I saw a trailer speeding down the road - no car - and it was zig-zagging across the road and bouncing off the kerb.  Cars coming up the road were swerving crazily to avoid being hit by the trailer, and then I heard "CRASH".
I grabbed my camera and was just hoping that no-one was injured.  This is a busy road at that time of day.
I live at the bottom of a really steep hill, which is why the trailer was going at speed.
About five houses down from me I could see the trailer had hit the back of a parked car.
Amazingly enough, the rogue trailer had missed all the other cars on the road, but had hit the back of the (above and below) black car. 
The trailer had somehow become un-attached from a van coming down the hill. 
The driver of the van is the guy in the fluro top.  The other two are the owners of the black car that was hit.  This is the second accident I have photographed on this road, where a trailer has come loose and crashed into something.  
I still can't get the image of the trailer zig-zagging wildy down the road and bouncing from kerb to kerb.  In one sense it looked absolutely hilarious.  On the other hand it was quite serious because if it had hit a car outside my place, it would have done a lot more damage.  By the time it got further down the road and onto the flat, it had lost it's speed.  Thank heavens for that!

Thanks for dropping by, have a SUNSHINE day!  {HUGS} from me to YOU:-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there! I love to hear from you so please feel free to leave me a comment, or ask a question or two! Thank you, hugs from Sunshine, Bella-Rosa and Romeo-Valentino - my two "supervisors"!