Total Pageviews

Wednesday 1 February 2023

Severe Storm and More Rain!

 I got an emergency alarm on my phone around 5 pm last night. West Auckland and further North were to get MORE heavy rain and thunder storms over night.  We were warned not to leave our homes, unless it was an absolute emergency. I went to sleep last night to the sound of heavy rain, and woke to the same sound at 6 am this morning. No flooding right here and no damage to the house or property, thank goodness. I have been hearing sirens all morning, and the sound of chainsaws as well.  The rain has not stopped for more than ten minutes, since last Thursday evening!  I want Summer weather, not all this rain! I still have no cards to post here, I have ben living on adrenaline for the last five days, and just can't settle to make a card.  Even though I want to!  So instead of my art work, I am posting some of my photo's of the road works going on 5 houses away.

While I was taking photo's of the road works, a Police Helicopter was flying over head, so I took a snap of it!
This photo above is funny!  Notice the size of the truck, compared to the tiny red golf cart that my postman drives to deliver the mail!  He had to park there and walk up and down this part of the road delivering the mail by hand.  I saw the funny side and just had to take to take a photo!
Above, moving one of the steel water pipes going in under the road.
Once again, above shows one of the steel frames they put into the trench they have dug, to protect the guys working in the trench.  This frame stops the sides of the trench from collapsing and trapping and/or injuring the guys while they put the pipe in. They take the frame out once the pipe is in and they have then filled the trench with dirt and scoria.
Here is one of the frames being taken out of the trench.
Looking through one of the steel frames to where they are putting another frame in the trench. You can see how deep the trench is by the guy who is standing in the trench.  He's actually standing on side of the trench that has a bit of a ledge, so the trench is actually about two foot deeper than it looks in this photo.
One of the diggers off loading soil from the trench, into one of the trucks.
Moving one of the pipes to put it into the trench on the left of this photo. I took this early last week, and the road works were about 7  houses down from me.  Now they are a bit closer than this.  Because of all the rain we've had, progress has been pushed back.  They should e outside my place in around 8-10 days, maybe less.  It all depends on the weather! Thank you to Lorraine, and Andrea for your comments you left! Ok, thanks for dropping by, have a SUNSHINE day!  Remember to always be your authentic self, and shine bright each and every day!  

1 comment:

  1. You sure are getting a bird's eye view and giving a little education too. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! I love to hear from you so please feel free to leave me a comment, or ask a question or two! Thank you, hugs from Sunshine, Bella-Rosa and Romeo-Valentino - my two "supervisors"!