Total Pageviews

Tuesday 14 February 2023

Another LS Card & Cyclone Update.

 Darn, these photo's loaded up in the wrong way. The card was supposed to come up first. These are some photos of the Cyclone damage from yesterday.  We are right in the middle of Cyclone Gabrielle. Last night we had wind that was 140kkm and hour, extremely strong.  These are some photo's of some of the damage done close to where I live.  There's been no damage done o my property, thankfully.  The entire country has been declared a State of Emergency.  There are tens of thousands of people without power, and a friend of mine who lives further North has been without power since Sunday.  She lives on a farm and is in a rural area.  They've been told it could be two weeks before they can restore her power. Once again, roads have been flooded, there are slips all over the place, the Auckland International Airport was closed, multiple shops and businesses have had to closed due to flooding and/or no power.  Luckily I have power and running water. All the schools around the country have been closed for a couple of days, and will remain closed until the cyclone has passed, and the clean up has been done. As I said, these are a few photos of  some of the slips etc around here.



Ok, so I am still hooked on making these very simple cards using the LS heart shaped Sticker Stencil!  I'll get past it I'm sure, just not today!  My left arm is still not right, (excuse the pun!) I have issues grasping and holding things. I just don't have the same strength in that arm as normal. Even typing is a challenge as I keep missing a letter here and there.  Thank goodness for spellchecker! Thanks for dropping by, have a SUNSHINE day!  Remember to always be your authentic self, and shine right each and every day!

1 comment:

  1. Lovely card and great pictures. I hope your electricity and water keep running! Stay safe! -Andrea

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! I love to hear from you so please feel free to leave me a comment, or ask a question or two! Thank you, hugs from Sunshine, Bella-Rosa and Romeo-Valentino - my two "supervisors"!