Total Pageviews

Wednesday 22 February 2023

Pan Pastels Bookmarks.

I have used a yellow, and blue Pan Pastel for the circles on the two bookmarks above. All products used are from Lavinia Stamps. This was the first time  had ever used Pan Pastels, and I am totally in love with them!  As you can see, you can easily stamp over the top of them! I used small LS sponges and lightly swiped over the Pastel to get some colour on the sponge, then I swirled the sponge in a circle shape on the card, and bingo  had a lovely smooth yellow/blue circle!  The pastel is basically dry right away so you can stamp/emboss right on to it. SO much fun!  And YES! I have more Pan Pastels on order! You didn't think I was going to stop at two did you?!

 Above is another bookmark I made using the pastels. This was done on white card. Once I had the blue and yellow down, I used a LS stencil (Elegance) over the top. I used yellow pastel over the yellow parts, and blue pastel over the blue bit, if that makes sense?! Then I chose some word stamps and used Versa Fine Clair Nocturne (Black) ink to stamp the words. I tired to match the various word stamps to kind of make sense, if you get my drift?! Oh gee, it's turning into a weird day and it's not even daylight yet! I think it's6.30 am. My best time of day! I added the star stamp, then swipe (with a sponge) some yummy Versa fine Clair "Summer Time" (orange) ink around the edges of the card.  I found several balls of fancy wool in my never ending stash of 'stuff' and added some short lengths to the bookmarks. I have to say, I really love that ink colour! It's such a yummy Summer kind of colour! So this is what I have been up to in the last day or so!  I am very happy to tell you, my left arm is working very well now, not 100% yet, but very close to it!  So I am able to do more crafting (and more boring housework, but we won't mention that!) I had another order of LS goodies arrive yesterday, and the products used in this post were some of what I had ordered.  More coming soon - sshhh please whisper that! There are major road works right outside my place, as they put down new water pipes under the road. So this piece of the road had a huge 25 foot long 10 foot deep trench dug out of the road. Big machines everywhere and the road is blocked off o all traffic.  I had let the guys know that the courier was due and he would hopefully be dropping off my parcel to me. They said they will watch for him, and get my parcel off him and drop it at my front door.  So when the courier came, he had to park up the road a bit.  He got out, handed my parcel to one of the workers, who passed it on to another worker, who then run down my driveway and up to the front door and dropped it at my front door for me! It looked like they were plying a game of "Pass the parcel"! Ok, thanks for dropping by, have a SUNSHINE day! Remember to always be your authentic self, and shine bright each and every day!

3 comments:

  1. These bookmarks are gorgeous, Sunshine! I’m so glad your arm is getting better and that the game of “pass the parcel” was successful!😀 -Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. How pretty! Doesn't it feel good to be able to find good uses for things in your stash? Do you have to set the pastels with anything so they don't rub off? Fantastic of those guys to pay "Pass the Parcel"!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lorraine! No need to set the pan pastels because they dry instantly. You can run your hand over them immediately and they don't rub off onto your hand. If you really want to set them, just use cheap hair spray from your local Dollar Store. The pan pastels are very smooth and oh so easy to apply with a sponge. A quick way to make sky or any other background. They also blend really easily. So much fun to use, and so quick! Thanks for yor comments:-)
      "Sunshine".

      Delete

Hi there! I love to hear from you so please feel free to leave me a comment, or ask a question or two! Thank you, hugs from Sunshine, Bella-Rosa and Romeo-Valentino - my two "supervisors"!