Total Pageviews

Sunday 19 February 2023

New Embossing Technique!

To make the water on this card, I spread some green and white embossing powder onto a non stick sheet. You can also use baking paper for this technique.  I also added a sprinkle of white embossing powder and some blue glitter. Once I had the colours I wanted, I used the end of a chop stick to move the colours around.  I then folded the non stick sheet in half lengthwise and using my Ranger heat tool I heated the non stick sheet until the embossing powder was all melted.  Then I un folded the non stick sheet and let it cool for a few seconds, then with a flat kitchen knife, I carefully run it under the piece of embossing and lifted it off the non stick sheet. Mine was about five inches long, and you can break it or cut it to whatever shape/size you like.  It is very brittle so you need to be gentle with it.  Save all the pieces that break off because you can use them for another project! Here's a close up below, of the embossed piece I made with that technique. Once you have decided where you want the water/embossing piece, I used some craft glue to adhere it to the bottom of my card, so it looks like King Hopkins is sitting in a pond!
Thanks for dropping by!  Have a SUNSHINE day! Remember to always be your authentic self and shine bright each and every day!
 

2 comments:

  1. What an awesome card! Thanks for explaining the embossing technique — it’s new to me and it looks really cool! - Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'm going to have to give this a try.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! I love to hear from you so please feel free to leave me a comment, or ask a question or two! Thank you, hugs from Sunshine, Bella-Rosa and Romeo-Valentino - my two "supervisors"!