Total Pageviews

Saturday 29 August 2020

New Cards and A Question!

I made these cards using some Quietfire Design stamps.  I just love Suzannes calligraphy!  I used a cotton ball with a white stamp pad to get a soft snowy effect on the top card.  I also splattered on some white acrylic paint to create some snow falling.
These two cards are not finished as they need putting onto a base card.  Haven't decided quite what to use as a base card yet, the jury is still out!
Ok, so now for my question.  I recently gave someone a set of greeting cards I had made.  I have known this person for a very long time.  Sadly there was no word of 'thanks', or anything.  I was/am hurt at their lack of appreciation.  How do you deal with this?  Has anyone else had this experience?  We were sitting next to one anther when I gave them the cards- it was a Birthday gift. It's left a bitter taste in my mouth and has put me off giving anyone else my cards as a gift.  I would love your input!
Thanks for dropping by!  Have a SUNSHINE day!  {HUGS} from me to YOU:-)

 

2 comments:

  1. I love your cards. That first one is wonderful. I've been told that if you give someone something in person and they thank you for it, there's no need for a thank you note because thanks was given. But if they didn't say it and don't send a note, I would consider who it was rather than not share your creative gift with someone else.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these cards, Sunshine! As for the gift - they didn’t even say thanks when you handed it to them? Hmm. I definitely wouldn’t let it stop you from giving cards to other people. And as for that person, I would try to remember that there is a lot going on in the world, and give them the benefit of the doubt that they were distracted or worried about something else and simply forgot. I’ve been in a similar situation, though, and it’s hard not to feel hurt.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! I love to hear from you so please feel free to leave me a comment, or ask a question or two! Thank you, hugs from Sunshine, Bella-Rosa and Romeo-Valentino - my two "supervisors"!