Total Pageviews

Sunday 30 September 2018

New Cat Stamps

These (above) are  new stamp set I just got.  Below is how I have coloured them, using  Copic markers.  I'm not happy with the colouring and want to sponge them.  The challenge is, all my sponges are way too big. The cats measure about 1 inch by 1 inch, so the sponges I have (even the tiny ones) are too big and chunky.

Below is how I want them to look, but how do I get that soft blended look??  This picture below is one I found on the internet.  I am not good with water colour pencils, I just never get a good look.  My Copics don't quite give me the look I want.  Does anyone have any ideas of what to use to get the soft blended look??  Please help!!
Thanks for dropping by!  Have a SUNSHINE day!  {HUGS} from me to YOU:-)

1 comment:

  1. I think your cats look great! But I know the feeling of not having the right “look.” I like to use regular colored pencils, like Prismacolor, and then a blender pencil. Or you could try blending them with Gamsol/mineral spirits. I haven’t tried that yet, but it always looks cool.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! I love to hear from you so please feel free to leave me a comment, or ask a question or two! Thank you, hugs from Sunshine, Bella-Rosa and Romeo-Valentino - my two "supervisors"!