Total Pageviews

Saturday 29 September 2018

Christmas Cards

When I got up this morning, my goals for the day were to make at least one Christmas card using this new stamp and die set I just got.  My other goal was to re-pot six small Griselinia shrubs I had, that were too small to be planted in the ground yet, but needed to be in bigger pots as they were root bound. Making the card below meant that I achieved goal number one before breakfast!  Yay!
I believe this stamp and die set is an Avery Elle one, called, "Dear Santa".  I like it. Alot!  I liked the first card so much I made another one - below!  I wasn't sure how to colour the cat at first, then decided to outline her with a pale grey copic marker, then lightly shade her with a grey water colour pencil. On both cards I added some gems and sequins - got to have sequins!  On the card below I have stamped a mouse which is from an old SU stamp set.
Below is the stamp set.  Since I got my Stamp Perfect tool, I now buy lots more clear stamps as they are soooo easy to use with the SP tool.  No more missed patches of where there wasn't enough ink on the stamp:-)  And I get my stamps positioned perfectly every time:-)  HOW did I manage without it??!  I have asked myself that question many times!  
 I also achieved my second goal of re-potting the Griselinia shrubs, so I am happy!  It's a lovely sunny day today and the neighbourhood is fairly quiet.  The school holidays have started for the next two weeks and I was expecting it to be a lot noisier today.  I was up at 6 am and it was so peaceful, sunny and serene.  I sat and listened to the birds while I had my first cup of tea.  It was just so nice:-)  Well, thanks for dropping by, I hope you have a SUNSHINE day:-)  {HUGS} from me to YOU:-)

2 comments:

  1. Cute cards! I love how you colored the cats. Congrats on repotting the shrubs, too. We’re getting our first frost tonight, so we had to bring in the houseplants that we put outside during the summer.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! I love to hear from you so please feel free to leave me a comment, or ask a question or two! Thank you, hugs from Sunshine, Bella-Rosa and Romeo-Valentino - my two "supervisors"!