Total Pageviews

Monday 26 April 2021

Cards to Donate

 




I have stamped and cut out some images ready to colour later.  I am going to donate these cards to either a local rest home, or to my local Hospice shop.  I haven't decided which yet.  I will stamp more as time goes by.  They will include Christmas as well as general cards.
I've had a very stressful week or so.  Eight days ago I discovered I had no working landline.   I also had intermittent internet connection as well.  
I contacted Orcon, my provider whom I have my internet and phone with.  They said they would send a technician out asap.
I also filled in and sent via email, a Medical Dependency form, stating that I have a St. John Life Link Alarm that was dependent on the phone line working.  The Alarm was flashing and every 15 minutes was telling me to check the phone line.  This is still happening, every 15 minutes. I have several serious health issues and need that alarm to be working incase I needed to call for help.  Orcon had told me that by providing this form to them would prioritize my technical issue and it would be fixed immediately.
This was last Wednesday.
Each day I get a text message from Orcon saying a technician will be here 'tomorrow.'
It seems as if "tomorrow" never comes.  The last message I got was that a technician will be here tomorrow, Tuesday 27/4/2021 to fix the problem. We'll see.
So much for the Medical Dependency form making my phone line issue being  "prioritized".  EIGHT days I have been waiting, and eight days I have no landline that works, and my St. John Life Link being out of service. I have had to contact St. John to let them know what is happening and why my alarm is not working.  They too are not impressed with Orcon.
It's not good enough, Orcon's "customer service" is non existent.
What really annoyed  me when I called Orcon, was, the guy I was talking to kept saying, "yes, I understand" when I said my Life Link alarm was not working and how important it was for my safety.  He did NOT 'understand' at all.  If he was reliant on a medical alarm and had serious health issues, and had no working phone line, then yes, he would certainly 'understand'.
It makes my blood boil when people say they 'understand' and they clearly don't.
So now I wait until tomorrow and see if a technician really does come to fix the phone line.
I'm furious with Orcon and will be changing providers after this is all cleared up.
So yes, I had had a lot of stress in the last week.
Okay, that's my rant for today!  
Thanks for dropping by!  Have a SUNSHINE day!
Remember to always be your authentic self, and shine bright each and every day:-)


1 comment:

  1. I love your cards but I'm annoyed that you're getting the runaround about your service. I hope you get it sorted out today. Fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! I love to hear from you so please feel free to leave me a comment, or ask a question or two! Thank you, hugs from Sunshine, Bella-Rosa and Romeo-Valentino - my two "supervisors"!