Total Pageviews

Friday 20 November 2020

Why I Use "Magic Mats" For Die Cutting!

 A couple of weeks ago I purchased two "Magic Mats" from Scrapbook.com. (They are in USA, I am in New Zealand) The mats are new on the market and are used to replace your acrylic mats that warp after awhile of using them.  I was skeptical that these mats would be as good as they were being promoted.  I have had many "issues" with dies not cutting out properly, especially intricate dies.  "Magic Mats" fix that issue! Below is a photo of one of "Magic Mats."   It is smaller than the usual platforms that come with the Big Shot Plus.

The "Magic Mats I got measure 6x8.75 inches.  I got two mats because if I want to cut multiple dies at once, they will both fit on my Big Shot Plus.  You can see how both mats fit on the platform below.  You use the "Magic Mat" with the die and card on top, then place one of your acrylic platforms on top and run it through your die cutting machine.
I die cut my favourite snowflake die which is fairly intricate and was never easy to die cut.  The white snowflake was dies cut using the "Magic Mat".  The black snowflake was die cut using my acrylic plates.  Can you spot the difference??!

The black snowflake did not cut out very well and left bits stuck in the die cut.  It would take me a good ten minutes + to get all those 'bits' out, and was not all that successful.  Whereas when I used the "Magic "mat, the bits were all cut out!  (below).
So that's why I use the "Magic Mat" for ALL my die cutting!  They give a very clean cut every time:-)

No, I not affiliated in any way with Scrapbook.com, I am just a very happy and grateful customer😊.

A huge shout out of thanks to Scrapbook.com!!  Not only are these mats AMAZING, but Scrapbook.com (USA) somehow managed to get my mats to me in super quick time - I am impressed and very grateful!!  Below are my old, warped acrylic mats...now in retirement!

Thanks for dropping by, have a SUNSHINE day!  {HUGS} from me to YOU:-)

BTW: I have not used my acrylic mats for die cutting for a long time.  I have been using cutting mats I bought for $5 each.  They work perfectly, but are also now retired with the acrylic ones, as the Magic Mats are 100% better!  (And much lighter!)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there! I love to hear from you so please feel free to leave me a comment, or ask a question or two! Thank you, hugs from Sunshine, Bella-Rosa and Romeo-Valentino - my two "supervisors"!