Total Pageviews

Sunday 31 May 2020

Gel Press Card

Above and below are my first attempt at using a circle shaped Gel Press!  I had been watching a You Tube video of someone using them, and was instantly hooked!  I chose to buy a circle shape instead of the oblong/square one.  The Gel Press measures just over 3 1/2 inches in diameter. The completed card measures 5 1/2 inches by 5 3/4 inches, so it is bigger than the normal size cards I make. I used a stencil I had, to get the wavy shapes, and  some black acrylic paint.  Below is a partial close up of the finished card.
The strip of words are from a Taylored Expressions stamp/die set.  The orange flower was die cut using some dies I have.  So far this is the only actual card I have made using the Gel Press.  I have lot's of impressions I have done, but nothing else made into a card, as yet.  The Gel Press is SO much fun to use, and I can use paints, inks, powders etc to get the impressions.  I am using cheap ($2) acrylic paints I get from my local $2 Shop.  I can mix the colours and add Mica powders to get different effects and colours.  It's messy and FUN!
Ok, that's it for now, thanks for dropping by!  Have a SUNSHNE day!  {HUGS} from me to YOU:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there! I love to hear from you so please feel free to leave me a comment, or ask a question or two! Thank you, hugs from Sunshine, Bella-Rosa and Romeo-Valentino - my two "supervisors"!