Total Pageviews

Saturday 7 May 2016

Cards, Cats and Flowers!

This is going to be a long post because I am posting everything I've done for the last week! So grab yourself a cuppa, sit back and relax!  I made the leaves (above) using a small circle punch.  Why??  Because I have lost my tiny leaf die from SU Botanical Builder die set:-(  Sadly it went up the vacuum cleaner never to be seen again.
From this photo (above) you can see how I made the leaves.  You can use any circle punch/die, and I have even used other shaped punches to make leaves.
Once again, this is my neighbours gorjuss Autumn coloured tree.  But I am seeing less and less of it each day as time goes by:-(  I know I will miss it during winter, so at least I have some nice photo's of it to remind me of how gorjuss it was!
Above and below are the leaves I punched out, on the finished card.  BTW, the card is actually a bright lime green - not that you would know it in this photo! 
 Here are some more circle cards I made, with the same punched out leaves.
 On the Christmas card I have (finally!) used some flowers I bought over a year ago!  Stashed them away and forgot about them!
Below is part of a card which has to be finished.  This started out as a bookmark but got too chunky!  It will  be part of a card once I have decided how to finish it off! 

I found some really tiny buttons (stars and hearts) so added those to the mix.  I also found some gold flakes hidden away in my treasure trove of embellishments!
 Below is some "Autumn" coloured "Flower Soft" I found - another treasure hidden away that I "forgot" I had.  I won't mention how many years ago I bought it and NEVER used it, until recently!  I have been dabbling with it and when the card is finished I will post it on here.  It's a gorjuss colour, all red/gold/yellow and orange.  Just like the Autumn tree down the back!

 This card is my first attempt at using Water Effect 1" stamps, from "Designs By Ryn".  I just looove those stamps!!  Ryn's artwork is amazing and I am so grateful she made her drawings into rubber stamps!  Now we all get to share her artwork and make our own!  That makes us all winners!  Thanks Ryn!  BTW, my stamps arrived FOUR days AHEAD of schedule, so I was overjoyed to see them in my mail box a few days ago!  They are sooo much fun to use!
 I used my sunburst embossing folder on this card, below.  I just added some laves and flowers in pretty Autumn colours.  I am a bit 'obsessed' with Autumn and Autumn colours right now!  It's such a pretty time of year and I just want to enjoy as much of it for as long as I can!



 
Above are some closeups of the card.  You can see more detail of the sunburst embossing folder I used.  Yes, another item I have had for 'some time' and not used!
 These photo's are of my Tree Dahlia I have growing.  I love this plant!  It's quite tall and spreads out alot.  I grew both plants (I have two plants) from a cutting.  You take a piece of the actual tree (branch) and plant it in the ground vertically. It shoots up really quickly and before long you have a big tree of it!  The wind and rain are not kind to i though, as it is a 'soft' plant and the wind knocks the flowers and the branches off.  Luckily we have not had any rain or wind recently so the Tree Dahlia is flourishing right now.

It's hanging on the ground in places and I tried (for some time!) to get "Bella" to sit in front of it for a photo.  She was more interested in looking for a mouse in the bushes!  But I did capture "Tiny" sitting in the grass, all chilled out and relaxing in the sun! He actually lives next door,  but lives here, if you know what I mean!  I am "Day Care Mother" to him during the day, and he goes home at night.  He is so friendly and smoochy!
Okay, I think I am done for now.  Thanks for dropping in, I hope you left with a smile, and come back soon! {HUGS} from me to YOU:-)

1 comment:

  1. Wow you have been busy, beautiful cards there. I have never heard of a dahlia tree. Very pretty. xx

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! I love to hear from you so please feel free to leave me a comment, or ask a question or two! Thank you, hugs from Sunshine, Bella-Rosa and Romeo-Valentino - my two "supervisors"!