Total Pageviews

Saturday 6 February 2016

Two Cards and A Stamping Trick!

 I saw this cute dog card on Pinterest and just fell in love with him! (If this is your artwork, please let me know so I can give you credit!) He's made from heart shapes, even his tongue!  This one will go in my punch art book where I keep all my punch art idea's.  I will make another one to put on a card.
This card (above is one I made for a friend of mine who ALWAYS gives me a huge hug every time I see her.  She is such a lovely person and I just wanted to tell her how much I appreciate her and her awesome hugs!  She loved the card when I gave it to her:-)  I used Stampin' Up! dies, stamps and DSP for the card.
...and here's the stamping trick!  I had die cut these red and white flowers and stuck them on the white heart shape.  There were too many white spaces between the red flowers, and I wanted to stamp little flowers there.  Problem?!  When I put the tiny red flower stamp on my acrylic block I couldn't stamp as the block was too chunky and wouldn't fit between the big red flowers without squashing them.  I solved the problem (challenge?!) by getting one of my small peg stamps and sticking a tiny glue dot on the flat (top) end of the stamp, then sticking the tiny flower stamp to it and then stamping the tiny flower stamp where I wanted it!  If you look closely you can see the tiny flower stamp on the end of the peg stamp.  It worked perfectly!  The flower stamp came off easily once I had finished, without any damage to either the stamp or the peg stamp!  I have often had this problem and now I know how to solve it!
It's a wet day today and looks like the rain is set to last all day so I will be indoors stamping!  Happy New Zealand Day to all the Kiwi's reading this!  Have a great weekend!  {HUGS} from me to YOU:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there! I love to hear from you so please feel free to leave me a comment, or ask a question or two! Thank you, hugs from Sunshine, Bella-Rosa and Romeo-Valentino - my two "supervisors"!