Total Pageviews

Tuesday 2 February 2016

Apple and Cinnamon Muffins...Gluten Free!

...and they taste DELICIOUS!!  And here they are...
After seeing the dietician again I am back to being gluten free again.  I went off the gluten free diet for about a month just before Christmas.  I was finding it too hard and overwhelming.  However I have now been gf for 8 days!  I found a GREAT recipe for the above muffins, and believe me, you would not know they were gf as they taste soooooooooo yummy!  Here is the recipe:

Apple and Cinnamon Gluten Free Muffins)
2 1/2 cups self raising gf flour (I used Edmonds, a New Zealand brand)
2 tspns cinnamon (I added an extra tspn of cinnamon)) 
3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 cup milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 egg, lightly beaten
2 small size apples (I used three, it made the muffins nicely moist!)

Heat oven to 190C.
Mix flour, cinnamon, and 2/3 of the brown sugar in a bowl.  Make a well in the centre and add milk, oil and egg.  Mix with wooden spoon, and stir until just mixed.  Don't over mix or the muffins will be too firm when baked. Peel and grate 2 1/2 apples.  Fold into mixture.  Spoon mixture into muffin tins. (makes 12 muffins)
Thinly slice the half of the apple and add slices to tops of muffins. Sprinkle the rest of the brown sugar onto the top of the muffins.
Bake muffins at 190C for about 20-25 minutes.  Stand in tins for 5 minutes when baked then transfer to a wire rack to cool.  If you want to you can drizzle with honey.  (I didn't, but it sounds yummy!)  
Previous to baking these, I had not had any success with baking gluten free.  Nothing tasted right and nothing was actually edible! 
BUT!!  I can assure you, these are seriously yummy!  I will definitely be baking some more of them, and soon!  This recipe makes 12 big muffins and I put them in the freezer to keep them.  When I want one I take one out of the freezer and put it into the microwave for 48 seconds (heating time will vary with microwaves) and in less than a minute I have a delicious fresh tasting muffin!
The added bonus of baking these was, the entire house had a beautiful fragrance of apple and cinnamon through it!  Even my cats seemed to like the smell!
I got this recipe from here  an it was in the gluten free section.  This is an Australian website and I find it really good.
The muffins were SO nice that after baking them I ate two...one just wasn't enough!
I am not doing much stamping at the moment as it is sooooooooo hot/humid that I haven't got much energy/
motivation.  I also chopped my finger in the fan recently and haven't been able to use that finger as I had it taped up with stitches tape.  It's getting better now but the heat and humidity has got to me:-(  I am still enjoying checking out YOUR blog though, and will be back stamping on cooler days!
Thanks fro dropping by, {HUGS} to YOU from me:-)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there! I love to hear from you so please feel free to leave me a comment, or ask a question or two! Thank you, hugs from Sunshine, Bella-Rosa and Romeo-Valentino - my two "supervisors"!