Total Pageviews

Saturday 15 August 2009

Take A Moment To Think...

As some of you will know, I lost my mum very suddenly recently. We were very close & I miss her dearly. I am not really coping very well, yes I AM still making my cards but I am also still grieving for her.
I would just like to share this little poem/verse with you in case YOU know someone who is grieving & don't know what, or what not, to say. Thanks.
PLEASE - don't ask me if I'm over it yet?
I'll never be "over it".
PLEASE - don't tell me that she's in a better place.
She isn't here.
PLEASE - don't tell me you know how I feel.
Unless you have lost a parent, child, grand- parent, friend.
PLEASE - don't tell me to get on with my life.
I'm doing the best I can in case you hadn't noticed.
PLEASE - don't tell me "At least you had her into your adult life".
Would you chose for someone you love to die?
PLEASE - don't tell me I'll feel better with time.
Bereavement isn't a condition that just clears up after awhile.
PLEASE - don't tell me "At least you still have other family".
I live with the empty space in my heart every second of every day.
PLEASE - know that sometimes there is nothing that will help but a hug.
PLEASE - don't try to say words of wisdom when there probably aren't any.
PLEASE - just say you are sorry.
PLEASE - just say you remember the good & bad times with her.
PLEASE - just let me talk as much as I want to, when I want to, not when you want me to.
PLEASE - don't rush me, grief is a process not an event.
PLEASE - keep contact with me.
Don't avoid me.
Thanks. Y

1 comment:

  1. I'm sending you a virtual hug. I have no "right" words, but you are in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! I love to hear from you so please feel free to leave me a comment, or ask a question or two! Thank you, hugs from Sunshine, Bella-Rosa and Romeo-Valentino - my two "supervisors"!