Total Pageviews

Sunday 17 July 2022

More Lavinia Stamps Cards an Some White Eyes!

I made the card above this morning.  The Hare stamp actually faces to the right irl, but I stamped her on to my gel press and then on to the card so she was facing to the left so she could push the 'pram'!  The 'pram' is actually a boat!  I stamped two buttons which I cut out, and used them for wheels.  The Hare's skirt is actually from a Poppy flower.  I just stamped the flower head and cut it out, and glued it upside down to make it into a skirt!
I had fun with the card above!  I stamped and colored the Witches hat, and masked the bottom and stamped "Tango" the mouse so it looks as if the hat is on her head!  To me she looks very Brazilian!  I was going to put the words, "Ola! Vamos festejar!" which means, "Hello, lets party!" in Portugese,  but didn't quite get there. She too has a poppy head skirt on!  The card is sparkly, but it doesn't show on here.

Above is a small size "Barric", one of the LS Crows.  He is standing under a Witches hat magical lamp!  Well, that's my story!  He has a crown on, which is sparkly.
Above are a couple of (possibly) Christmas cards, using LS stamps and a star stencil.  The stars are sparkly - believe me!
These bird photos are of some tiny little Silver Eye birds.  They are so tiny you could fit about ten on your hand!  They come down to my bird feeder every day.  I put out wild bird seed for them as well as some pieces of butter.  They LOVE the butter!  I call them White Eyes because of the white ring around their eyes but their proper name is Silver Eyes.
I was really surprised they let me get so close to them, but any sudden movement, or noise, and they were gone.  They come back quickly though.  I'm hoping to get some better shots in a day or two.  It might be awhile because the weather forecast is for rain most of next week.  
These pretty little birds are about half the size of a House Sparrow.  Since I have been leaving butter out for them, they literally fall out of the trees and into the bird feeder!  It's almost like it's raining birds!  They flit around very quickly, and I have never seen so many at one time. The only problem I have with feeding the wild birds is, I get a lot of wild Doves that gobble up the bird seed in minutes, leaving none for the other birds.  I shoo the Doves away when I see them.

 Ok, that's it for today!  Thanks for dropping by, have a SUNSHINE day!  Remember to always be your authentic self and shine bright each and every day!

1 comment:

  1. Well aren't you inventive! A little stamping magic turning boats into prams and poppies into skirts. That's really getting the best out of everything. Those little birds are darling. I've never heard of feeding them butter but will have to investigate that.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! I love to hear from you so please feel free to leave me a comment, or ask a question or two! Thank you, hugs from Sunshine, Bella-Rosa and Romeo-Valentino - my two "supervisors"!