Total Pageviews

Friday 15 February 2019

"Crash!", and Butterfly!

I was lying on my bed with a cold wet towel over my left foot and knee, trying to take the swelling down.  Suddenly, from outside there was a loud "CRASH!"  I jumped up, grabbed my camera and went outside.  These photos show what I saw.
 Smashed ceramic tiles all over the road!  What a mess they made.
I gave the guys from the truck my broom and spade so they could clean up the broken tiles.
(My broom, below, now has a starring role on my blog!!)


Apparently they had no idea there was any tiles in the bags.  The only thing that should have been in there, was the tree branches and other foliage rubbish.  
 Below is the truck the tiles fell off.  It took some time to sweep the road and pick up all the broken bits.  
 Below is one of the butterflies I cut out.  It is made to sit on the side of a glass.  I have other ideas for it.

Below is a close up of it, on the side of a champagne glass.  (No champagne, sadly!) 
The butterfly measures about 4 1/4 by 2 1/2 inches.
I have decorated this one with some clear gems that I glued on.  I covered the slit piece with some bigger gems.  You could easily use the butterfly on a card, or add it to a wrapped parcel.  

Thanks for dropping by, have a SUNSHINE day!  {HUGS} from me to YOU:-) 





1 comment:

Hi there! I love to hear from you so please feel free to leave me a comment, or ask a question or two! Thank you, hugs from Sunshine, Bella-Rosa and Romeo-Valentino - my two "supervisors"!