Total Pageviews

Thursday 14 February 2019

Chinese New Year Celebrations

 
Last Sunday I went to the Chinese New Year Celebrations at a local park.  These are some of the photos I took.  I love thee orange flowers some of the ladies were making, and I would love to learn how to make them!

 Above and below is some kind of head gear.  I had hoped to get a photo of someone wearing it, but it was for display only.

 Above is a photo of the Bonsai display.  Some of them had miniature people in the display as well.  I think there is some in this photo, if you look closely.
Below is a "Caterpillar" rid for the kids.  The train went all round the park, following some of the many pathways.
The cups in the photo below represent a local business called Crown Lynn.  They used to make crockery (dinner plates, cups, saucers etc) using clay that was sourced from nearby.  This clay was THE best, and people came from all over NZ to buy the clay to make their own pottery.  Crown Lynn was very famous in it's hey day.  They are no longer there and have been closed for many years.  The Crown Lynn crockery has now become very collectable and sought after.  These cups in the photo are about 7-8 feet tall.
In the photos below are some of the kids who were doing different dancing and singing. 
Some of them had masks of different animals, and were mimicking the sound the animal made.  It was fun and the kids had a great time!
I am not sure who the guy in the photo below was supposed to be.  He was very popular and had a long line of people wanting their photo taken with him. 

The songs the ladies and kids were singing was all in Chinese, but it was still really enjoyable.   
These girls were fun to watch!  They looked so pretty in their pink costumes! 
It was an extremely hot/humid day that day, and sadly, there was not near enough shade.  I left earlier than I would have liked because of being so hot, plus the fact that my left foot and knee are still very painful and swell up like balloons.  As it was when I got home, I had trouble getting my left shoe off because my foot had swollen up so much.  I have to see my Doctor next week to see why it hasn't healed and is still so swollen.
Thanks for dropping by, have a SUNSHINE day!  {HUGS} from me to YOU:-)
Happy Valentines Day!   

1 comment:

  1. THose flowers are so cool. I would have loved to see how they are made too!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! I love to hear from you so please feel free to leave me a comment, or ask a question or two! Thank you, hugs from Sunshine, Bella-Rosa and Romeo-Valentino - my two "supervisors"!