Total Pageviews

Wednesday 2 November 2016

Christmas Cards!

These three Snowman cards were made using a Memory Box die called Snowman Collage. Very easy to use and assemble the snowman!  As well as the snowman, you also get the hat, heart, scarf and button dies.  I punched the star using a small star die from SU.
The bird is from a stamp and matching die set called Yuletide Birdies, and they are from PoppyStamps.  The words on the cards are also from the Yuletide Birdie stamp set. On the card above I used my fringe scissors (SU) to "fringe" the scarf end.  Forgot to do it on the others!
Below is the Memory Box Snowman Collage Die.  I got the big die, but there is also a much smaller one.  This one fits nicely on a 6x4 card, which is around the size card I usually make. 
Here is the Yuletide Birdies stamps set.  It has a lot of stamps!   

A couple of close ups of some of the stamps in the set. 
And below is the matching Yuletide Birdies die set.  Because the stamps are perfectly clear, I actually die cut the shape I want and then stamp it. I don't usually do it this way round, but for some odd reason I find it easier with this stamp and die set.  The first time I used the set, I stamped and then die cut it, but I wasn't getting it even, and ended up with too much white space around parts of the die cut and not enough white space on others! Basically the die got int he way!  I guess it is a matter what works for you.
While searching for "something" I didn't find, I came across this CD case Christmas pocket which had some tiny cards inside.


These are the cards inside.  The Elf stamp is from a Stampin' Up! set.  I no longer have that set as I sold it some time ago.   "Fluffles" the cat is from Stampendous.  He has been well used!

The tiny card below was a very simple and quick card I made one day while trying to get some ideas.  The hat and face is from an SU stamp set. 
 
 The cat cards were also some very quick cards I put together one day.  They are not quite finished and need some words stamped on them.  I have die cut the cats from Memory Box dies I think.  These are kind of whimsical cards!  I try to make something a bit different to the usual red and green Christmas cards with the usual Santa theme.  Not that I have anything against Santa!  I love the bloke but don't always want him on my cards!  (Apologies Santa!)
...I'll get that star... 
...if I can just reach up a bit...

...Oh!  Here comes another one...
...I know I can reach it if I jump up high...

Darn stars!  I'll just sit here and wait for it to fall out of the sky and into my paws...you'd think she would have put it a bit lower so I could reach it...
Yes! yes!  I've nearly got it...it's mine, it's mine...
Thanks for dropping by,  hope you have a great week!  {HUGS from me to YOU:-) 

1 comment:

  1. Love those cat cards! I agree with the red and green, nice to see a change.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! I love to hear from you so please feel free to leave me a comment, or ask a question or two! Thank you, hugs from Sunshine, Bella-Rosa and Romeo-Valentino - my two "supervisors"!