Total Pageviews

Monday 14 January 2013

A Tea Pot & A Day At The Beach

 I saw this tea pot letter box when I was out one day last year.  Isn't it cute!  I'd love a terr box like this!
 This was taken at Muriwai Beach in November last year.  I was on my way to the Gannet Colony which you will see below.
 Here are some of the thousands of birds at the Gannet Colony at Muriwai Beach.  It's about a 15 - 20 minute hike up a lot of steps but when you get to the viewing platform it is definitely worth the effort! 
 This is the view of part of Muriwai Beach from half way up the track to the Gannet Colony.  Muriwai is a very long beach.  I used to ride my horses u & down this beach & through the forest - so much fun!
 One the Gulls which was diving for fish!  The sea was pretty rough but it didn't stop this bird!
 Some of the thousands of Gannets at the Colony.  Can you  spot the baby Gannet?!  Center left and second bird up!  The baby is a bit smaller than the mother & is fluffy rather than feathery! 
 A view of the Gannet Colony.  This Island is one of the nesting places & is out i the ocean a bit.
 This was taken from the track just before the Gannet Colony.  It is looking down over the other side of Muriwai Beach.  I'm not sure what this beach is called.
 The sea was like a washing machine this day. 


 A small Island off the Muriwai coast.  This was taken at the bottom of the track I had been up to see the Gannets.  I walked back to the beach along the rocks to the left.  I wasn't as close to the sea as it appears as I had a long lens on my camera.  I have a great respect for the sea &  made sure I stayed safe!
 There was a hole in the rocks & each time the waves came in the water spouted up through this hole!
 Here is the water draining back through the hole back into the ocean.  I could have watched this for hours!
Mr (or Mrs.!) Seagull waiting patiently for me to share my lunch with him/her!  Giving me that "Poor me I only have one leg" story!  Even though the wind was blowing he still managed to keep his balance!
I love Muriwai Beach, it is one of my favourite west coast beaches!
Thanks for visiting, {{HUGS}} from me to YOU:-)

3 comments:

  1. Oh Sunshine, you are such a hoot, girl!!! Your pictures are amazing. Of course, I'm partial to your furry subjects. They are soooo stinkin' cute!

    I'm going to stalk you and your cuddly furballs. Need a little Sunshine in my life!

    hugs,
    Asha

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting - all those birds and that beautiful view. I could have watched with you for hours too!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! I love to hear from you so please feel free to leave me a comment, or ask a question or two! Thank you, hugs from Sunshine, Bella-Rosa and Romeo-Valentino - my two "supervisors"!