Total Pageviews

Monday 16 October 2017

New Cards and a Hip Replacement Operation for ME!

First of all, some good news...on the 31st of this month, October, I will be having my hip replacement operation!!  Yay! No more pain..no more disturbed sleep at night..no having to take pain killers every four hours!!  Yay!  I have only been on the waiting list for the op since July, so that isn't too long:-) 
Ok, so on with the CRAFT stuff now!  The card at the bottom of this post is another Christmas one I made over the weekend.  I have started off by showing you how I make it step by step.  So below is the first step.  I lay the die face down on the card one cm away from the edge and the top and bottom of the red card.  It will also measure one cm on the other side when I put the die on the right hand side of the card.  You'll see in the 3rd photo what I mean.

Below is what it looks like when I have die cut the card once.
Below is where I have placed the die on the right, measuring it so it is one cm from the top and sides of the red card.
Below is what it looks like after running it through my Big Shot Plus.
In the photo below I have cut the center piece of the red card out. I measure it with a ruler on the bottom so I get it straight...or TRY to get it straight!
In the photo below I have glued it to a piece of gold foil card..a slow job because of all the tiny lacy bits from the die!  I use "Glossy Accents" with a very fine tip to glue things like this.  It's easier and less messy than my usual glue.
 In the photo below I have glued the red and gold card to a folded red card.
 And finally, below is the finished card!  I have used some gold corner stickers as well as some gold lines around the edges of the card.  I love red white and gold together for Christmas!
 I added a white Poinsettia flower made from some vellum, and die cut some gold leaves as well as a hessian star.  I stuck this to the card using some 3d foam tape.  No, I didn't make the vellum flower, those were some I bought from a local store.  I actually spent about four days running round trying to buy white flowers and couldn't find anything that was the right size and shape.  Then I was out with a friend and saw these flowers so I bought 2 sheets of them!
Below is...you guessed it...another $3 die I bought from ebay!  And yes, all the dies I have bought from ebay are brand new, just un-branded.  This is such a pretty die and I had so much fun watching this card come together!
 I was lucky to have some sticky half pearls that were all connected in a long string.  By using these I was able to "curve" them as I wanted to, to follow the curve of the die.  A tad tricky and I (somehow) ended up with some pearls stuck in my hair!  #Note to self:  Tie your hair up next time so you don't get 'things' stuck in it!!  I also added some gold corner stickers and some sticky gold lines around the card.  The pink card inside also has four gold corner stickers as well as some sticky gold lines.  BTW, these sticky lines also stick well in my hair...don't even ask!!
Above is a closeup of the flower in the center, and some of the pearls.  I used the die on a diagonal angle for this card.
Above is the die I used and what it looks like when it is cut out. The die cuts and embosses at the same time.  I have to say, I find using these cut and emboss dies A LOT easier now I have the Big Shot Plus.  I always had trouble when I had my Cuttlebug.  The embossing never came out so well.
And above is "the Supervisor", (who only woke up for the photo!) the bloke who 'assisted' me with all my cards...he slept the whole time, in a box that was definitely too small for his bum, but he wedged himself in and had a darn good sleep while I slaved over my cards!!  ON my art desk, of course!  I know we both had a great time!
Thanks for dropping by, have a SUNSHINE day!
{HUGS} from me to YOU:-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there! I love to hear from you so please feel free to leave me a comment, or ask a question or two! Thank you, hugs from Sunshine, Bella-Rosa and Romeo-Valentino - my two "supervisors"!