Total Pageviews

Wednesday 16 March 2016

Fiskars Rotary Cutter

 I bought this Fiskars Rotary Cutter for $10 (USD) from Costco several years ago when I was in L.A.  It's a 12 x 12 inch size.  Several times I have replaced the blue strip, (I'm not sure what you call it) and I just called a stamp shop and they would send it out to me.
Well, recently when I tried to replace it, I couldn't:-(  One shop sold the strips but it was not the right size for cutter.  It was too thick/deep.  The strip I needed was not so deep, only a couple of millimeters in depth. After trying quite a few places and getting nowhere, except stressed and desperate, I put my "thinking cap" on and came up with THIS idea!  I used a thin piece of craft foam (where the pink arrow is in the above photo), and you know what...??  It works PERFECTLY!!  
I can use my cutter again! Yippee!  So if anyone out there is having the same challenge, try using a thin piece of craft foam, you just might be pleasantly surprised like I was!  This is the craft foam I used, above.
Thanks for dropping by, {HUGS} from me to YOU:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there! I love to hear from you so please feel free to leave me a comment, or ask a question or two! Thank you, hugs from Sunshine, Bella-Rosa and Romeo-Valentino - my two "supervisors"!