Total Pageviews

Sunday 17 March 2013

Cat's, Flying Pigs and Some Other Stuff!

 These three little pigs flew in from USA last week!  They are "The Pink Squadron" from Penny Black. (2602K)  Lorraine http://papervernissage.blogspot.com has them on her blog and I just had to have some!  Thanks Lorraine!  I stamped a chimney (Good Stamps Stamp Goods) then a few tree tops first.  The on separate card I stamped the 3 pigs, cut them out and put sponge tape under the left & right pigs.  I added some glitter and some dimensional magic on their wings and they were ready for take off!  I love the expressions on their faces!
 The same three pigs in full flight!  I inked up the negative side of an embossing folder then embossed it.  I added the pigs last, with a touch of glitter.
 I just love love love The Cat in the Hat books!  I stamped the three cats (each a separate stamp), typed the words and by chance I found a picture of the real CITH hat!  I cut that out and glued it to the cat with the hearts.  The red hat is from some that a friend gave me some time ago.  This card tickles my sense of humour!  I am hoping to find a stamp of the CITH hat, otherwise I will have to draw it if I want to make any more cards like this.
 This little bird ornament has a story behind it!  In the Boxing Day Sales I found some really cheap Xmas baubles.  This one was one of them.  When I un-packed them one was broken.  Well I wasn't about to throw it away so out came the hot glue gun, some sparkly tinsel stuff the gold Kindyglitz and of course, the bird!  I found a small twig and glued it to the inside of the bauble (you can't see that bit) so it was sticking out.  Then I stuffed the sparkly tinsel stuff inside the hole & clipped the bird onto the twig.  The bird is on a spring so he bounces around when you touch him.  The bird is more sparkly than you can see here.
I liked him so much I have not put him away yet!
 This is one of the cups I made recently.  I buy the cups from the Op Shop and fill them with plaster of Paris.  Then I make the wire bits and insert them into the POP.  When the POP is dry I decorate the top, this one has baby things on it.  The wire bits hold small cards or photo's, or anything you like.  I also hung tiny baby toys on this one.  I just need to find saucers for them then I will sell them. 
This is my door stop for my back door.  It too has a story behind it.  Many years ago I carried this stone (it is really heavy!) for some distance across the sand dunes and then crossed the estuary in a boat and finally got it home!  It was quite an adventure but I just had to have this stone!  It came from a place that is very special to me, a place where I spent most of my childhood.
Fast forward many years & it was time to actually "do" something with it.  I had the urge to decorate it.  I painted it pale pink then glued this tiny cat on to it and then glued the tiny flowers and hearts around the cat. 
So that's me for today!  Hope you have enjoyed your visit!
{{HUGS}} from me to YOU-)
I like the end result!  

2 comments:

  1. Of course you know I'm loving your Pink Squadron(s) - clever you to have them flying over the chimney tops. I also love that you salvaged that broken bauble so beautifully. The door stop is a wonderful way to keep your memories nearby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are just amazing. Those are beautifully crafted pieces!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! I love to hear from you so please feel free to leave me a comment, or ask a question or two! Thank you, hugs from Sunshine, Bella-Rosa and Romeo-Valentino - my two "supervisors"!