Total Pageviews

Sunday 27 May 2012

Craft Things For The Hospital

, "Ro-Ro" (in the box!) NOT included! This is some of the craft things including, stamps, stamp pads, paper, card, stamp magazines, ribbon, paints, gemstones, coloured staples & staple gun, stickers, punched out shapes...the list goes on, that I recently donated to the Starship Childrens Hospital here in Auckland. Yes I could have sold it & made some money, however having spent my entire life in & out of hospital (a huge chunk of it when I was a child) I know only too well what it can be like being stuck in bed & having needles stuck into me & test after test...it can be very scary & not a happy time, so I wanted to give something back to the hospital. This hospital was not built when I was a child but it doesn't matter. It's a beautiful hospital & the staff are amazing. They were very appreciative of my donation & I got an amazing letter of thanks from them, I was not expecting it at all so it was a very nice surprise. (Ok, so I cried when I read the letter, ok!) Anyway I got a lot of satisfaction knowing that the children at the hospital are going to enjoy the art things I no longer wanted. Thank you, Starship Childrens Hospital:-) Thanks fro visiting, {{HUGS}} from me to YOU:-)

1 comment:

Hi there! I love to hear from you so please feel free to leave me a comment, or ask a question or two! Thank you, hugs from Sunshine, Bella-Rosa and Romeo-Valentino - my two "supervisors"!