Total Pageviews

Saturday 24 November 2018

Fun With Alcohol Inks!

Well I am definitely having fun with my Alcohol inks!  I just made this sun catcher to hang in my window!  
I die cut a circle from some plastic, and then run it through my BigShot and embossed it using a paisley embossing folder. Then I coloured the whole circle with yellow Alcohol ink.  Then I used a very tiny paintbrush to carefully drop tiny drops of magenta, blue, green, purple and yellow onto the circle.  Once I had done that, I used a thin piece of wire to dot some Isopropyl Alcohol over the colours.  This kind of takes away some of the colour, and gives the impression of 'bubbles'.  Because I embossed the circle, it sort of stopped the ink from pooling and spreading right across the circle.  It looks awesome hanging in the window, with the light behind it!  This was photographed on a window with fading light.  I will photograph it again tomorrow when the sun is shining.  I will attach some fine thread to it so it will hang properly.  
Ok, that's me for today, thank you for stopping by!  Have a SUNSHINE day! {HUGS} from me to YOU:-)




1 comment:

  1. That's a beautiful sun catcher! Thanks for explaining how you made it -- I may have to try one. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! I love to hear from you so please feel free to leave me a comment, or ask a question or two! Thank you, hugs from Sunshine, Bella-Rosa and Romeo-Valentino - my two "supervisors"!